About Me

My photo
I'm a Christ follower, a stay at home mom to 4 kiddos, and wife to a man that I love. I sew and sell girls dresses. Blessings to you. Proverbs 31:24-25 She makes linen garments and sells them. She is clothed with strength and dignity.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Doll Dresses

Sophie's Dresses 

This is Sophie, My daughter's doll.


   #1                                                                          #2                
 
All the dresses that are in this post is made with scrap fabrics. The pattern for the doll dresses I got from this Blog. Scroll down to find the Katie Dress.
For those of you who don't know me well, I will share a secret with you. I'm a very frugal person and I don't like waste.
When you are a sewer like myself, you tend to buy fabrics and after cutting out your patterns you then wonder...what do I do with the scraps?

The following are just one way I use my scraps.
(note: the #'rd pics are all doll dresses)
                              
                                                                                                           #3







                 These are the cherry dresses. I saw this fabric at my local Hancock fabric store
                 and had to get it. For the child's dress I used Simplicity pattern #7189 view B.

#4 
Two Christmases ago I made aprons for all the women in my family. 
This dress was made from one of those left over fabrics that I used to make my
 mother in-laws' apron.

                                                               #5
                        This past Easter I made my daughter a dress using this pretty fabric.

                                                                                         #6
Simplicity Pattern #6877 using view A+B+F 


 #7
 The trim is left over from the Strawberry Shortcake hats I made in a previous post. The dress was left over fabric I used to make my niece a dress this past spring.

                                  #8                                       
                                                  


                                                                             



                                                                               #9
 


                                   A skirt I threw together, scraps from a pillow case dress.

                                                                                                                                         #10
This dress was a custom order for a customer of mine.

                                                                                                                        #11
A reversible dress (McCall's pattern #6058 view B.


                                                                                      #12

                                                                                                                         
                                                                                                                                          #13
                       Simplicity pattern #4709 view B


                                                                                                                                     #14



Pillowcase dress.                                                                                              

              
            #15                                                                                             


                      


The doll's dress is the reversible side to the child's dress. 


                                      The floral fabric was left over from a pillowcase dress.

I hope you enjoyed this post, although it was quite long. I hope you were inspired to use up those scraps you may have laying around or tucked in a bin somewhere. Or even better....you will see your fabrics in a whole new light and cut with care.

Happy sewing!!

        Note: visit me on Facebook The Purple Boutique to view the dresses I have for sale.











































No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...